Tuesday, December 09, 2008

tragic painting story

Here is a tragic painting story you may relate to. I started this painting over the weekend and got it close to finishing when I found a little spot on the right side of the head that was sort of rejecting the paint. Thinking there was still a little bit of masking fluid there that I didn't get completely removed I took my Pick Up eraser to it not realizing it was still slight damp in that area. I actually erased a hole halfway through the paper! I dried it thoroughly with a hair dryer and sanded it smooth with some sand paper but I think it still really bothers me so I will have to start the painting over. I'm glad I have learned to do my drawings on a seperate piece of paper so retransfer is pretty easy. Bummer though anyway!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

All images on this blog are copyrighted unless otherwise noted and not to be used in any way without the written consent of Tonya Vollertsen.