Sunday, August 01, 2010

Confession of a stalled artist!

I have been spending a lot of time in my studio looking at stuff I have got started but can't go forward with. I should show you photos of all my working surfaces so you can see what all i have got going on, but not! LOL!  Man oh man, there is a lot of contemplation that goes on before the light comes on here in the center of my universe.  It is uncomfortable if not painful. Kind of like trying to swallow a pill that will not go down!  I'm listening to Cheryl Crow's Shine over Babylon as a coincidence! LOL! Better art prospects to all my Arty friends! (heart)

6 comments:

-Don said...

I can feel your pain, Tonya! I go through those same spells. What I usually do when they hit is paint something small and quick. This really helps me to feel like I'm accomplishing something, while keeping the juices flowing. I find that often, when I'm painting those little quickies, the ideas for the big ones come. Good luck and have fun.

-Don

Manon said...

It happens to all of us, Tonya!! That's when I usually paint in my journal. Small paintings to get me going. Music definitely works too!!

Jan Locander said...

I can relate even though I am not in your situation. You know how long it has been since I have been out in my studio. I try to be creative doing something and I know it will come back to me someday when I am ready. Big hug!!! I miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Its the same when I'm writing!
That's why I've always got music playing in the background. If I didn't, I'd just hear my own head clicking over!

Stan Kurth said...

Hang in there girl, it will come around. In the mean time drink a glass of your favorite wine (or 2), put on some music you love and spill a little wine or paint on one of those surfaces and watch it for awhile. I'm in a semi-block right now because I've taken on an a new job in corporate retail (my graphics routine has hit an all time low). The new job is very physical and I'm tired. But I know if I go into the studio and start flinging some pigment, the fatigue dissipates a bunch. The act of painting puts me in a state where nothing else matters but the act of painting.

Patricia D Arndt said...

You've said it so well, I can relate. I'm trying to work through the same right now. Your work is wonderful, I look forward to seeing more.

All images on this blog are copyrighted unless otherwise noted and not to be used in any way without the written consent of Tonya Vollertsen.