Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finally back to the first painting!


Okay, finally back to the first painting! It was hard to work on it as I really liked the washed out version. I'm committed though, to my original vision. She is an older woman with wonderful dreadlocks that I met at the Renaissance Fest last year. I hope I can do her justice. I decided to make her headwrap a different color as it was almost exactly the color of her skin. There is a black part in the back of the blue wrap on her head that has some detail that I haven't put in yet. I want the background to be dark but it was so interesting with all the wind chimes. I will have to really focus and not be distracted by the shiny objects...as Dawn says. Let me know what you think. I'm sure I can use the help. Cheers for now

No comments:

All images on this blog are copyrighted unless otherwise noted and not to be used in any way without the written consent of Tonya Vollertsen.